Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane III coupe roof rack

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane III coupe roof rack

Hi Folks,

I have a few queries about roof racks for the Megane III coupe.

I've been looking for one for some time for my RS250, particularly for carrying bikes.
My first stop was to contact Thule. They came back saying that they can provide the 754 foot however there is no fitting kit available (i.e the fixings that fix the foot to the roof) for this vehicle.
After looking through the forums I found that Thule used to make a package for the megane III.

I eventually came across CRUZ. Now this is a much cheaper alternative (starting from 54). After a number of emails back and forth from, the sales guy was confident this package would fit the 'coupe 3dr 09-' which I would assume would fit the RS250 as well.
here's the link -

you can see the fitting instructions in the link.

I was however a little concerned with the quality.

Back to Thule, I found a few websites claiming that the thule package with the 1581 fitting kit would fit the coupe 3dr 09-. I cannot find this part on the Thule website and I am yet to hear back from Thule sales about this part.

The package including the 1581 kit below. The fitting instructions seem pretty ligitimate.

Does anyone have any experience with these packages??

My concern is why did Thule discontinue the fitting kit?
Does it fit at all?

and while I'm about the Saris bones bike carrier?

Thanks in advance!
Currently in kinnon88's garage:
RS 250 Cup, Integra R DC2 96 Import
  5 Lastest Threads by kinnon88
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane III coupe roof rack Bodywork kinnon88 6 6695 22nd January 2014 03:43 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome