Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Block exemptions and the rules governing the servicing and repair of cars

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 6th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by selwonk View Post
Yep - I'm beginning to think you are both right. I think I presumed that it opened up ALL aspects of servicing and repairs, but it might not be the case. I guess it's over to Lookers then

Cheers folks. Any other info or links gratefully appreciated as I might turn this into a proper article for the FAQ if I can get enough info...
I read it the same way as Horatio and Tazzyk Sellie. What I don't understand is why you don't just say to your local franchise, "Here's the car and it's thunking noise... Fix it under warranty whatever is causing it; and can we please have a courtesy car while you're doing it?"

You could say the same thing to SEAT Customer Services and gift-wrap it with, "We don't actually want to take it outside the franchise but your franchised dealer refuses to or cannot fix it. Can you please engage another franchised dealer for us and supply a courtesy car as we don't want it to take an indefinite time to be repaired".

I mean come on.... if it's the bushes, how long can it possibly take to fix? Does your local franchise have a decent customer-care policy that you could invoke?
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS

Last edited by vass20; 6th February 2007 at 10:04 PM. Reason: typo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome