Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Touched a bumper.

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2014
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,200 Times in 4,712 Posts
Re: Touched a bumper.

A similar thing happened to me a few years ago only it wasn't I who was responsible.

Out of the blue a few years back the police knocked my door and asked if I had had an accident with my car. I hadn't so said no but they invited me to inspect my car just in case. Sure enough there was no damage whatsoever. I queried as to why they had called and they said one of their undercover officers had witnessed a driver reverse against my car and then drive off. They at first considered he had left the scene of an accident without reporting it so in effect he had committed an offence. Also the incident had been recorded on video. I signed a statement I wished to take no action. A few days later the offending driver contacted me requesting if I wished to take the matter further - he was relieved when I said all was OK as far as I was concerned. So just be careful - if the incident was seen or recorded the other driver may have the opportunity to concoct a fictitious claim.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madnoel10 For This Useful Post:
chuffer690 (22nd January 2014), Dancingdad (22nd January 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome