Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace Airbag Light - No Codes!!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th February 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Espace Airbag Light - No Codes!!!

Following on from this thread (which was very useful), I'm stating this new thread as I think my airbag problem may be slightly different.

Basically, I took it to have it diagnosed and the airbag light reset.

On the diagnosis, it showed up as a problem with the squib and pretensioner connector on BOTH sides.

So, at this stage I'm thinking 'Ok, I might have to solder these wires together - not sure what I'll do about the pretensioner wires but at least I can sort ouyt the squibs'.

Anyhow, he reset the airbag light only for it to come back on straight away BUT WITHOUT any fault codes.

We tried it a few more times, and the airbag light kept coming on but no codes were stored. The battery voltage was low, and he said this could play havoc with the airbag system, but the fault is still there.

The one thing that he wasn't sure about was that on the fijnal screen, everything checked as 'OK' or 'YES', but one of those things was "Squib Locked: YES" (squib? squab?). He thinks that means the passenger 'an' airbag might be turned off, but as far as I'm aware, ther passenger side bag can't be turned of on the Espace.

So I'm a bit stumped.....

Any ideas please?
Currently in TazzyK's garage:
Renault Clio 1.4 16v Privilege (2004), Renault Megane 1.5 dCi 106 Expression (2005), Volkswagon Passat 2.0 TDi S (2006), Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 JTDm QTronic Lusso (2008)
  5 Lastest Threads by TazzyK
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Service Observations - Clio II Engines ours2012 5 270 24th May 2016 08:33 PM
Megane Parking / Hand Brake Cable Problem Brakes/Hubs ours2012 6 392 16th May 2016 08:57 PM
Weird Window Problem (Megane II) Electronics TazzyK 4 268 7th May 2016 05:14 PM
Megane II Door Pocket / Box Lid Broken Interiors TazzyK 0 334 4th December 2015 12:57 PM
CV Joint / Driveshaft Or Something Else? Transmissions flying clutchman 3 358 17th November 2015 07:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome