Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Dash

Thread: Laguna Dash
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 7th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I think they should plug straight in. Renault offered two different instrument clusters as original equipment - referred (rather tactlessly I thought) as 'bottom of the range' and 'top of the range' in the documentation. But as an after-fit, I think you can only get the 'top of the range' one.

But (there's always a catch isn't there) they swapped clusters around late 2002/early 2003. The original is (I think) made by Sagem, and the replacement by Magnetti Marelli. The later dash says ' Oil OK' when you start the engine (assuming that the oil is OK) whereas the earlier one doesn't (though it still shows the o's and dashes if you press the button at the right time.) Also, I think the Sagems have a trip reset button sticking out of the dash, whereas the Magnetti Marellis don't (you use a long press on the end of the wiper stalk instead) but I'm not certain of that, so don't take it as gospel.

The two may be interchangeable, but I'll bet they're not. See what type you have, and try to find one the same.

Also, you wouldn't want to replace the dash in a petrol car with one from a diesel or vice-versa, as the red-line will be in the wrong place on the rev counter.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome