Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #390 of (permalink) Old 7th February 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by mr.ed View Post
I will await the outcome with interest and I dont think I will be surprised. If you intend to take on Renault for compensation be prepared for a very long slog through the courts and make sure you have very deep pockets. From recent experience in another totally unrelated area litigation can be very expensive, mine lasted 7 years.
Iv been hit hard enough in the pocket through all of this not to take Renault through the courts. I am in the process of suing Renault and will pursue it for as long as it takes (even if it takes 10 years!). I am in the fortunate position that my home insurance is covering my legal costs.

Mr Ed as well as the Watchdog report there was a woman who was feature on the first program who had three independent reports stating the clip was faulty. Do you actually think it is acceptable that there have been over 400 incidents and Renault have looked at 13 cars?

As I said before my car was serviced two months before the incident and it was less than three years old so for people to harp on that this is sole a maintenance issue is just not viable. Either that or the Renault dealer it was serviced at is incompetent.
Currently in Meesh's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Billabong
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome