Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric Handbrake will not auto release on a steep incline - my drive

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 23rd January 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Electric Handbrake will not auto release on a steep incline - my drive

As i'd only got the vehicle from the dealers a couple of days before I noticed the problem, I contacted the dealers and asked them to find a solution.

They gave me details of a mechanic/electrical technician that they work with regularly to take the scenic to.

I took it down there, he tells me he has run the clip programme through the handbrake system. and that it should be working fine.

on the drive home I think I notice its not releasing as quickly on some lights. I get it home test it on the drive, the part with the slightest of inclines. The auto release does not work at all. Have to manual release. I start testing a little more and its sticking a lot more than it used to. the problem has got worse.

Id called the mechanic up as soon as I got home, and told him the auto release isn't working on a slight incline, and he starts to suggest that maybe the auto release shouldnt work on slopes... Im starting to get confused. I thought it should, it worked on my drive on all but the steepest sections before it took it in.

Id called him before I'd realised quite how bad it was, he says he is calling me back tomorrow once he has spoken to one of his friends who used to work at renault.

Should the hand brake auto release on a slope, im sure it used to, on hill starts on roads and stuff, its much less likely too now.

Currently in CraigG's garage:
2005 Renault Scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome