Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Its worth taking a few minutes to do this.

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 7th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to matt_dci
Some sound advice there Paul

Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
Within 30 seconds of hitting the main road, I couldn't see a damned thing. The whole windscreen had frosted over again. I'm guessing that the sub-zero temperatures, combined with the wind chill factor of the car moving through the air makes even the de-icer freeze on the windscreen.
That is exactly why I don't use de-icer! Would much rather spend a couple of minutes extra scraping the windows than get a few miles down the road and have to stop and do them again

Originally Posted by scatz View Post
I do this mainly due to the fact that I get up about 04:30 and need to be at work by 05:00 so never have enough time to muck arround with scrapers etc.........I don't have to run the car outside my neighbours house for ten minutes, see it's a clackity ol' deisel and I wouldn't think they'd appreciate it at that time of the morning.
I'm usually up and out by 3.30am and always let the car tick over whilst scraping the windows! My neighbours are used to me leaving at that time, and the Laguna's a hell of a lot quieter than my old Civic Type R which was missing a silencer

Currently in matt_dci's garage:
2008 Citroen Grand Picasso 1.6 VTR+ & 2009 '09' Merc Vito 109 CDi

Last edited by matt_dci; 7th February 2007 at 06:20 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome