Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing cracked passenger wing mirror on Clio

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Replacing cracked passenger wing mirror on Clio

Hi, Just to say that I've finally solved my wing mirror problem (I hope). In the end, as I'd already ordered one on ebay which should have done the job according to the advertised details, could I as hell clip it on! I got the cracked Renault one off easily though but I tried every possible way to get the new one on even though it looked identical. In the end, one of the wires to the heating element came off its connector so I just lost patience and went to the local Renault showroom as I'd had enough. I rushed in, bought the last one and it clipped on straightaway with no problem. However, I wish I'd have checked the wires as from my earlier struggles as the heating on that mirror doesn't now work. Anyway, now the job is done but should I have sorted the wire business out? I'll have to pull it off and faff around prising it off again. Should I just leave well alone (as everything else so far seems to be working ok) or might this small detail affect anything else later on ? shorting etc.,?
Currently in stevgil's garage:
Renault Clio 1.4 Privilege 2004 automatic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome