Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Engines - Juddering and with little power in 1st 2nd.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th November 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic - Engines - Juddering and with little power in 1st 2nd.

Hi I have just bought a 02 scenic authentique only sixty days ago and it is now sitting in front of house not being used as I am scared to go out in it. The car only came with a 30 day warranty from AC in glasgow. I cant believe how much hassle I am getting with this car. Only passed my test 2 months ago and with a baby on the way, though it best to go with a newish car with a low millage 26k. paid 5k for it. regretting buying it now. Should of known when they said they had lost the log book....
And so onto the fault. I know nothing about cars..on Monday of last week the car seemed to stall when trying to pull away in first then wouldnt restart. Needed a lot of revs to get it going. Now it seems to have no power to pull away. car seems to be juddering in low gears. couldnt get up a hill in second the other night. if the car sits in neutral you can hear the car tick over but seems to miss a beat or something and the car will judder. the rev counter will also rise by itself and fal durring the judder part of cycle.
Can anyone help, IS this going to cost me a fortune to fix, have I been sold a lemon. I know i will need to take it to a renault garage but can afford t opay a lot till the end of the month. can anyone take a guess at whats up and how much it will cost to put right ?
thanks in advance,
  5 Lastest Threads by donja
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Help I must be blind. Cars & motoring donja 9 1648 7th July 2006 08:01 PM
looking for advice on how to fit cd changer to... Electronics donja 3 3078 19th November 2005 10:07 PM
Renault Scenic - Engines - Juddering and with... Scenic junerab 18 10307 16th November 2005 07:13 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome