Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Check to see if its wet before putting it in

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2014 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Check to see if its wet before putting it in

Garaging your car.
My last car altho it was garaged regularly succumbed to substucture rot (rust).
Aside from it being known to have that problem with age(10 years+) and a few whacks which may have opened up seal joints:
I believe,and others Ive talked to agreed that things were accelerated by putting a wet car,into a cold damp garage.

I operate something like this now:
If when I arrive home and its raining,the car has had lots of road spray/mud buildup n so on AND there is a good chance the rain will stop overnight + there is some wind.
I leave it outside

If theres a chance of heavy ice in the morning or really low temps I garage it.

Its more a case of,this is a damp/hi humidity part of the country,in coldish winter temps my car never dries in my unheated garage and so on.
Like if its not raining when I get home,but has been raining earlier and Ive driven thrupuddles,truck muck and the car is pretty wet underneath: I leave it out to dry and drip even in a cold wind.
Putting it in the garage,I just see pools of water in the morning.
I suppose its a judgement call/depends on how "dry" your garage is/salt in the air if close to the sea etc etc ,

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
  5 Lastest Threads by coup
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Cheese factory explosion in France Jokes & funny stuff coup 0 186 6th July 2016 07:48 AM
Meg 3 fuel flap Electronics A55ii 4 209 1st July 2016 09:11 AM
conflict resolution, zohan method YouTube coup 0 247 8th March 2016 08:26 PM
Our Babs..sorry I missed a couple of o's Jokes & funny stuff Dancingdad 4 309 2nd March 2016 10:12 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome