Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #392 of (permalink) Old 8th February 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by brigatti View Post

VOSA has only received two official reports of Clio bonnet release - one of which was repaired before it could be inspected. The other was yours, which the manufacturer comprehensively inspected on 12 April 2006 and consequently we saw no reason to re-inspect the vehicle.
This has actually infuriated me, the only reason they only have two complaints on file is because in November when I attempted to log my complaint with them they said that the investigation was closed and they were taking no more complaints!!!! How can they just decide they have taken two complaints and that is enough, if this is happening time and time again then surely they should at least be noting it and putting this on file.

Iv been in email contact with about another 10 people this has happened all have claimed to report their incident to VOSA so any others out their who will admit to submitting their incident to VOSA?

I have also submitted a FoI request where I have asked how many complaints they have received, how many they have inspected from these complaints, who provided the vehicles they examined and any other reports they have compiled regarding this incident.

Once I have the info from the FoI it would be interesting if Watchdog asked their viewers to call in if they have submitted a complaint to VOSA. That way we could show VOSA have been incompetent by not recording complaints.
Currently in Meesh's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Billabong
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome