Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Water Leak

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th November 2005 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Laguna II Water Leak

Last week I discovered that the rear driver’s side seatbelt was soaking wet, so I let it dry out by attaching it to the other side of the car for a couple of days. After the last downpour of rain it got wet again. Anyway after a good afternoon in the freezing cold pulling the rear of the interior and door seals apart spraying water to find the leak. At first i suspected the rear door seal and after removing it, I could not see how water got into the rear. It came clear that there is a hole in a welding join just behind the boot lid. When I go the hose on this, water came flooding in where the seatbelt tentioner and airbag electrics are located. This looks like a production fault. So now all I have to do is use a good sealant to block the hole up. I’m sure soon enough, I would have a very damp and flooded Laguna. So for all those people with damp Renault's, Check for holes near welding joins. I wonder if the dealers would have spotted this. "Yep, your seals need replacing and this is how much it will cost you"

Currently in Bigstu's garage:
Laguna II 2.2 DCI
  5 Lastest Threads by Bigstu
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2.2 DCI Starting problem Engines doormandan 9 4290 18th November 2008 01:59 PM
Battery Fuse rating Electronics TDI 2 2793 11th April 2007 07:55 PM
Where's my f@k!n Diesel gone Engines Neil. 9 3066 14th March 2007 10:58 PM
Search for the Angel Fog Lamp's Bodywork spirochete 6 2321 20th November 2006 06:42 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome