Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fuel Consumption?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 8th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by Gael33 View Post
I picked up my new Grand Scenic 1.6 16V on monday and have been coming to terms with the different cockpit layout. I seem to be doing okay as I've not hit anything and only stalled it once. I must say that I am pleased with the ride, the engine is quiet and there's very little wind and road noise. Initially I had concerns about the six speed gearbox, but like all things new, given a couple of days I am coping with it very well.
The one thing that I have noticed is, is that the fuel consumption around town and in fairly heavy traffic is about 20 miles to the gallon ... I would be interested to know what other Scenic drivers are getting? I have read on this board that as the motor beds in (is that the correct term?) I will start to get better MPG results, is that true?
So, fellow Scenic drivers, perhaps you could give me a few tips on how to be a little more economical ... should I always start in first gear? At what revs is the motor most happiest? Example, my Diesel Punto was at it's most economical when the engine was doing between 2000 & 3000 revs ... is the Petrol engined Scenic any different?

Hi Gael33

I would say that is excessive, Have you reset the trip computer, Whilst I was running my car in it was never lower than 36 mpg, I would reset the computer and then do as woodfit suggests.

I do not get my new Scenic II till the 21st of march, How are you finding life with your Scenic apart from the fuel consumption, While I was in the showroom the other day I notice that Renault have fitted a smaller battery in the latest models, Also the rear hatch opens higher than previous models, and for some reason they have done away with the engine cover, Improvements to the suspension and NVH levels have improved not that the earlier cars were harsh, I have ordered my replacement in " TOPAZ ". any other questions do not hesitate to ask.

Heres a link from a fellow member with a 2.0 fitted with an autobox he is getting 27 MPG

Last edited by ottoman; 8th February 2007 at 12:41 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome