Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fuel Consumption?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 8th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
Hi Gael33

I would say that is excessive, Have you reset the trip computer, Whilst I was running my car in it was never lower than 36 mpg, I would reset the computer and then do as woodfit suggests.

I do not get my new Scenic II till the 21st of march, How are you finding life with your Scenic apart from the fuel consumption, While I was in the showroom the other day I notice that Renault have fitted a smaller battery in the latest models, Also the rear hatch opens higher than previous models, and for some reason they have done away with the engine cover, Improvements to the suspension and NVH levels have improved not that the earlier cars were harsh, I have ordered my replacement in " TOPAZ ". any other questions do not hesitate to ask.

Heres a link from a fellow member with a 2.0 fitted with an autobox he is getting 27 MPG
Yo Otto! Guten tag...

Could it be they have done away with the engine cover because they are fed up of paying for new ignition coils ? I do believe that free circulation of air gives them a longer life. Do you agree or am I just blatherin'?
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome