Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fuel Consumption?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 8th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by vass20 View Post
Yo Otto! Guten tag...

Could it be they have done away with the engine cover because they are fed up of paying for new ignition coils? I do believe that free circulation of air gives them a longer life. Do you agree or am I just blatherin'?
Yes, Vass I was thinking along those lines as well the hot cold aspect having an affect on the coil packs as I believe some manufacturers have ducked air to the coil packs, I asked in the Dealership ( two different dealers ) and they had not noticed the change. Tho the cover on my present Scenic II gets very dirty with road grime maybe the new front design on the latest models will alleviate that if not they are going to get very dirty thus attracting moisture mm , They have modified the dipstick it is now in front of the engine and at the top as prior models it was difficult to manually check the oil level, My Scenic did not require topping up with oil between services but I still liked to check prior to long journeys and when I did my weekly checks. With the layout on the V6 engine I would imagine you would get a considerable heat/ Hot spots built up as most problems with the coil packs seem to show up just after starting would I be right in saying, I have never had any problems with the coils on my Scenic II, Tho I have heard of people who have.

Better close my posts are getting as long as yours Vass

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome