Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 2 - Electronics - Handsfree Doors Unlocking

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 17th November 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I dropped the car in at 8:30am and waited and it was ready for 10. I don't think the job takes that long, it's just that obviously my car wasn't the only one in the workshop at the time.

After a little bit of umming and ahhing, they did it FOC under the warranty. I had pointed out that the car should have been supplied with this set-up in the first place or at the very least I should have been given the option by the supplying dealer. The payback for them is that they're now my 'dealer of choice' and I'll be putting a lot more work their way at the expense of those dealers who told me it couldn't be done.

If you need to argue the toss, then you could always suggest that three out of four of the door sensors "don't work." After all, they are totally redundant if the car is programmed for selective opening, and if non-selective opening isn't an option (as so many dealers seem to claim) then why are the other sensors fitted in the first place?

There seems to be a lot of confusion about this. I've been fobbed off with "can't be done for insurance reasons", "can't be done at all" and even one bunch who refused to accept that I wasn't trying to get the hands-free system retro fitted to a car that didn't have it in the first place.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome