Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fuel Consumption?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 8th February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Fuel Consumption?

Originally Posted by woodfit View Post
You will find that after 2 or 3000 miles the engine will start to loosen up and certainly become more flexible which should in turn realise a more economical engine. Exactly how have you concluded that it is doing around 20 mpg which for a 1.6 is excessive !
The best way of finding a reasonably accurate figure is to zero the odometer and fill the tank up to the brim. When you next fill up take a note of how many miles you have covered and how much fuel you have to put into the tank to fill again to the brim, the rest is just basic mathmatics.
As for setting of in second gear I would suggest that this is not recommended as over time this will undoubtedly reduce the life of your clutch.
Should you find that after a tank full of fuel that you are still returning around 20 mpg I would suggest a call to your dealer.
Thanks for the reply Woodfit .
I will try your suggestion and fill the tank up to the brim, turn the odometer to zero and go from there. I looked on the on-board computer thingy and it read 20 mpg ... I'm not to sure how accurate these things are but I must admit I was a little startled.
Again ... thanks a lot.
Currently in Gael33's garage:
2010 Renault Grand Scenic Privelege 1.5dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome