Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace faults

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th January 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Espace faults

Hi All,

I have just purchased a 2004 Renault Espace 1.9DCI. On getting it home I discovered 4 faults (the car was sold as seen, which doesn't worry me too much as I have a budget for tidying the car up).

Fault 1- I cannot lock the doors? When I press the unlock button on the fob the fob lights up, the indicator lights flash and the locking mechanism can be heard. However when I press the lock button nothing happens? When I lock the car from the inside button all doors lock and the car cannot be opened from the outside. Both key cards start the car.

Fault 2- The ABS warning light is on constantly? The car has had new brakes pads and discs all round.

Fault 3- The ESP warning light is also constantly on?

Fault 4- The sunroof refuses to open. When I select the open roof mode the sunroof blind closes instead? The open the blind operates correctly in the middle mode but will not close fully at all

I am new to Renault ownership so I am hoping that I haven't brought a problem child. It has 95k on the clock and has had the same owner since 2005. Its in great condition all round, the 5 rear seats are like new and the engine pulls really well and is economical.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Currently in imwills's garage:
2004 Renault Espace Expression 1.9Dci, 2000 Rover 75 2ltr Auto Connossieur SE, 1990 Rover Metro 1.4 GTA
  5 Lastest Threads by imwills
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
ABS Module/Pump Brakes/Hubs TTT 4 1218 6th March 2014 08:24 PM
Renault Espace faults Cars & motoring andy101075 4 1778 26th January 2014 04:46 PM
Hi everyone! Welcome to RenaultForums pauldarbyshire 2 439 11th January 2014 05:07 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome