Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Can anyone help? Idle/stalling???

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Yes, use a multimeter to check the resistance of the coils but don't ask me how as I'm noy very handy with a multimeter myself!

In regards to the battery, I had a stalling problem on my Laguna 1 and the idle was really low. In fact, when trying to drive off, the revs would drop lower and almost stall the car. But I also had the SERV light on which flashed but went away at high revs.

This started after the battery died and the car had to be jump started. So I disconnected the battery for an hour on a cold engine, then reconnected it, started the car without touching any controls / accelerator and let it warm up to normal temp, then hold the revs at about 3000rpm till the fans cut in... was spot on after that.

Had to do this again after I replaced the battery, so I'm guessing it can be caused by a distruption in electric supply to the the ECU as the ECU has to relearn operating parameters and maybe it didn't after a jump start / battery replacement and had to be manually done??
Currently in TazzyK's garage:
Renault Clio 1.4 16v Privilege (2004), Renault Megane 1.5 dCi 106 Expression (2005), Volkswagon Passat 2.0 TDi S (2006), Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 JTDm QTronic Lusso (2008)

Last edited by TazzyK; 9th February 2007 at 10:08 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome