Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna I - Phase 2 - Bodywork - Bonnet opening problems !

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 27th January 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Re: Renault Laguna I - Phase 2 - Bodywork - Bonnet opening problems !

Originally Posted by Dean Carr View Post
I am having the same trouble with my W Reg Laguna, all I know is that if I pull the release catch it still won't open.

Any advice please I am not sure how to tell if the cable is broken or if either the left or right catch is open/closed?

PS: I bought the car yesterday and it has ran out of washer fluid which needs refilling ASAP.
Same here, W reg 1.8 sport, Bonnet release was getting difficult to work, seemed like the inner cable was stretching or the cable nipple was eating itself into the release handle so I cleaned up the bonnet catches sprayed with WD40 then grease them up and checked their operation, all was fine, bonnet opened ok. then this weekend it failed to open, tried putting slotted washer on the end of the outer cable so to shorten the inner but still no release even tried using claw hammer on handle for extra pull but no effect, so using info from this thread I got the tools out and got under the car on some ramps, I found the off side catch easy and a prod with a rod popped it open, but the nearside I can not see any sign of the latch or even the cable run, there is just too much "stuff" in the way. now on my third day of trying so now getting desperate unless I can find a third option to my 1 & 2 which are get the angle grinder out and cut hole in bonnet above the nearside latch and hope I don't set the engine bay alight or smash out the nearside headlight and try for access through there, and as the headlight adjuster servo is not working then this may be the best option unless you guys have a cunning plan?

If this had happened before I had Mr.Clutch fit new Cambelt and Clutch I would have Ebayed it for breaking, sods law innit.
Currently in BSBfan's garage:
Laguna 1.8 sport, W reg 2000
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome