Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Just brought a Scenic problems problems problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Just brought a Scenic problems problems problems

i just brought a 2004 scenic 1.6 3 days ago Dooh!

Serious Problem

Had the car valeted today they steam cleaned the interior and washed the outside (not touching the engine compartment). when i went to pick the car up the valeting company had flattened the battery we jumped the car off another car and now it won't idle it starts and then the revs drop to low and it cuts out. i took the car on a 3 mile trip down the bypass to warm it up and it ran perfectly as long as i kept the revs up. now its showing an emission error on the clocks and still won't idle, any ideas ?

Car pulls to the right under acceleration, it's ok when cruising but soon as i touch the throttle off it goes into the fast lane. feels very vague at speed too

The car had an M.O.T before i handed over the cash and the one thing it failed on was a n/s lower arm/balljoint. This was replaced but due to me being keen on getting the car and the M.O.T station not having an upto date tracking setup i had to take the car to have the tracking setup myself. i did this today (4 wheel alignment) and found the tracking to be well out. it as now been correctly adjusted the the geometry shows no other reason for the car not driving straight
Currently in addbrad's garage:
2004 Renault Scenice 1.6 16v Privilege
  5 Lastest Threads by addbrad
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2004 Scenic Radiator fans always on ? Heating & cooling Lagdti 3 976 5th August 2007 07:41 PM
Parts Warranty Cars & motoring Phil48 8 1861 17th February 2007 11:12 PM
Just brought a Scenic problems problems problems Cars & motoring chris m 24 4936 9th February 2007 06:30 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome