Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace fuel consumption

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10th February 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
am on my second diesel espace now (due to bus writing previos one off )go for that one mate had the 2.0 petrol before that .A full tank of petrol would get me about 450-500 miles full tank off diesel am getting 550-600 on the same run .The service cost are slightly higher & more frequent .with the diesel having the turbo its amuch better M/A road cruiser than the petrol dont have to do as much gear changing as the power is there ok good luck you dont state the diffrerance on price ok.Dont worry about the milage on the diesel either mine is about to pass the 200.000 mark & still goes like a good un if its bin well looked after regulaly serviced oil changes etc they go on for ever .things to watch out for are signs of head gasket problems (are known for it if the cooling system is not kept up to scratch ie flushed & kept topped up )also look out for broken rear springs on the drivers side rear i have had three go & it can be expensive to repiar (£250 a side for the springs ex renault ).not much else to be wary off just the usual stuff .
Currently in peanuts's garage:
1993 espace 2.1tdi

Last edited by peanuts; 10th February 2007 at 07:59 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome