View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th February 2007 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Do it Yourself

Hi to all i would like to start by saying iam not a mechanic or neither do a want to be but since i have owned my first car i have done most jobs needing doing myself if iam beat i will then have to use my local small garage that i have stayed with from the start and after time you start to build up a rapport with each other which i think is valuable.When i started i was useless but as time goes on you learn bits here and wee bits there.Every car i have owned i have bought a Hayes Manual a very helpful tool for the tool box.Talking about tools as time goes on you will find that you need this and that and your tools build up and as this happens you will find some jobs get easier to do with the more tools you have.As i said this does take soon time to do unless you go out and buy all at once but i think you would be very stupid to do so Roma was not built in a day.I have lost count how many jobs and services i have done to my cars and the money that i have saved myself but it is better in my pocket than in someone else's.I guess what iam trying to say is go on try a bit of DIY but do not take on more than you can chew on you will surprise yourself and be sure to have a smile on your face after doing it and most importantly have saved money i hope this helps all the best.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
  5 Lastest Threads by Donald
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Have You Stopped Smoking General Chat johnboyw 55 4371 21st September 2013 09:21 AM
AVS Music Converter to MP3 Free Download Help Computer Club Donald 2 1980 10th March 2012 03:02 PM
Posting Problem Feedback & Announcements hondo 21 4421 31st December 2011 04:11 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome