Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Noise When Accelerating*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10th February 2007
Donald
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion

Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanol View Post
its when pulling/accelerating in 1st sometimes up in second more so when turning right if I coast round a corner no noise just when theres power, if it is the drive shafts or cv joint what am I looking for to see if these parts are worn is it possible to notice the wear or fault by having a look at these. I'm pretty sure theres a lose in power when all this is going on, wouldn,t mind but I only done the rear absorbers last week, if so what am I looking at for parts and time to fit roughly. thank you

Sorry didn't mention as it was asked it does it from the moment you start turning right, obviously the more power you give the more noise it makes, ie if I was to pull up to a round about it would do it as I pulled off and if i give it a bit more than normal going round, it would carry on doing it but it is also getting worse so is doing it with less and less power.
Hi it sounds very like cv joint driveshaft there is a big long shaft that comes from the gear box to the wheel and at the back of the brake disc is a rubber looking boot around the shaft and inside this boot is the cv joint with grease sometimes the rubber boot will be ripped and sometimes not but the cv joint has just came to the end of it life.you could take the boot off alittle and repack with grease and then reseal the boot back on but most times it will only do so long before it goes altogether.A new shaft will cost you about anything from £60-100 and i would say no more than 2-3 hours labour.

Go to a good motor factors for the shaft if you r doing it yourself but they will charge a surcharge until you return the old shaft hope this helps you
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.

Last edited by Donald; 10th February 2007 at 05:09 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome