Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - My Scenic has gone mad ....ECU ??

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
My Scenic has gone mad ....ECU ??

Hi folks first posting and of course a cry for help

I've a scenic 1.9dti 2000 and today it decided to play up in the end its had to be towed home by the RAC

Work this lot out
Car runing ok , then wipers wouldn't park properley and then mile later on noticed the oil light on when stuck at some lights. Stop the engine, started it up just to see its its was hicup light still on so drive on and pull over asap to check the oil . All OK loads of oil ..ummm Must be the odd french wiring again
So decided to head home (I was in way to a garage to look at other car ! ) starts her up but nothing . She turns over but no go . The heater light and ecu light are now flashing away ....and its not going to start , will turn over but no go ,ring the RAC
Whlist waiting ..... noticed that following doesn't work either the wipers, indicators (but the hazzard do ), rear wiper, rear demist, reversing lights , driver side window (passengers OK )
The RAC man arrives ....goes for the key fob , even trys to re set it no joy,checks every fuse, then checks the ingition barrel and immobiliser ring etc ....still no joy tow home

I've spent the last few hours checking it out ie power to fuse board etc and its points to the "timer unit " where ever that is ...haven't a clue where to find it or the ECU ( )
I even tried my other key both unlock and lock the car OK

Any clues, I checked all the imobliser threads, this appears to be different I said its gone mad.

I'm now stumped it will have to go the garage wallets already hiding in a corner

Ps excuse the spelting and grammer
Currently in NORTHY's garage:
Scenic 1.9 dti & Espace 2.2td
  5 Lastest Threads by NORTHY
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
My Scenic has gone mad ....ECU ?? Electronics Mr Beef 9 2495 10th February 2007 05:10 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome