Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Can i drive after MOT fail or not?

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 28th January 2014
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Can i drive after MOT fail or not?

In early 2005 (just before I bought the Meg) I had my ****box Sunny in to be MOT'd. Previously, the same place had replaced the rear suspension as it was nearly shaking itself to bits going over plods. Anyway, they came out with a list a mile long, not least of which was failure for rear suspension. I pointed out that they'd done the work only a couple of months before.... from the service reception. They said they'd pay for that, but still the rest of it would be 300 ish. On a 14 year old knackered ****heap that I'd already spent nearly 1000 on keeping it legal (only bought the thing in an emergency when the cambelt went on my 214), hmm. At the end of the form 'this vehicle is unsafe on the public highway'. I asked how I'd get it home because of this. They answered that I still had 2 weeks on the current certificate, so that is the one to produce. Dodgy. When I got home, OH took the keys off me. We ended up sharing the Dagenham Dustbin he had at the time. I went looking for to buy a Meg Coupe (had wanted one for ages) and the Sunny stayed in the parking space. Last trip for it, was to the scrapyard, towed out on the back of a Transit. Bloody awful thing!!

Karen xx

'Oh mice, dear mice, I love you all, but there are so many of you' (Bagpuss, 1973)
Currently in karenlouise1967's garage:
Scenic 1.9 dCi Privilege, before that a heap of rubbish aka Scenic 2.0 RXE now finally moved from neighbour's drive by the recyclers, before that a much loved Megane 1 Coupe 2.0 (RIP)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome