Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1996 Alize Tailgate Lock Barrel

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10th February 2007
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Hi, reading what I have already written, I'll try again and make it sound a bit better ... sorry ... its honestly the Benylin thats making me talk drivel .....

What I meant was ... the tailgate lock/handle assembly comes as once piece, the barrel of the lock is included, but should be available seperately.

If I remember correctly, the barrel is held in place by a steel "c" ring which locks it on to the handle assembly ... and its probably this which has failed (a bit of the moulding) or is actually missing (the "c" ring.)

The barrel has a roll pin at the end which holds the actuator plate that moves the lock release mechanics (this is also joined to the central locking actuator.)
I'd be surprised if the "c" ring or the roll pin are available without the lock/handle assembly .... best ask a Renault dealer to confirm.
I know the handle assembly costs approx 75 + vat, as I had to replace one(about 2-3 yrs ago,) and it did come with the barrel ... but I just swapped the barrels over as all the parts were there and nothing was broken.

I hope this was a bit clearer than my last post.

Now where is that Benylin

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome