Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Engines - Juddering and with little power in 1st 2nd.

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 18th November 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
You were spot on guys, AC Garage called and said coils gone. Only took me an hour to drive it 5mins down the road to the garage as the thing had seized up with the frost. Baltic up here today. Anyways got it in, bricking it as i drove it down as I really didnt want it to die in rush hr and on one of the worst roundabouts in glasgow. They said it would be sixty pounds to look at it and about 260 all in if coils had gone. Anyways got a call from the garage at work coils gone, damn I thought.. then he said and.. I could feel the tears building up. Power steering was leaking and a part on that needed changed. Power steering fluid had been topped up with god I thought. So it would need to be drained and cleaned out and new fluid put in. engine oil low needed topped up. brake fluid needed topped up. back brakes needed replaced 70% worn... and on and on it went. bonnet needed fixed as it was loose. So it all came to 640. i went ape. He said you will need to contact the garage you got it from to complain. Anyways I got his boss on the phone and after a bit he said he would see what he could do. Guy called back and said he would only charge 300 for everything. So no idea if that is fair guys. New to cars and all. Will be buying a Car book soon any ideas on a good one. So I can teach myself something onhow to look after a car lol. And the best bit not one part had been changed on the car in 3 years renault said and warranty has only up by 2 months just when i bought it. talk about bad luck.Would be great if you guys could give me any advice on how to keep the car in good shape. Or I could just trade it in just now and avoid the hassle. But thanks for again for the all the replys before.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome