Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Just brought a Scenic problems problems problems

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11th February 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Originally Posted by addbrad View Post
i just brought a 2004 scenic 1.6 3 days ago Dooh!

Serious Problem

Had the car valeted today they steam cleaned the interior and washed the outside (not touching the engine compartment). when i went to pick the car up the valeting company had flattened the battery we jumped the car off another car and now it won't idle it starts and then the revs drop to low and it cuts out. i took the car on a 3 mile trip down the bypass to warm it up and it ran perfectly as long as i kept the revs up. now its showing an emission error on the clocks and still won't idle, any ideas ?

Car pulls to the right under acceleration, it's ok when cruising but soon as i touch the throttle off it goes into the fast lane. feels very vague at speed too

The car had an M.O.T before i handed over the cash and the one thing it failed on was a n/s lower arm/balljoint. This was replaced but due to me being keen on getting the car and the M.O.T station not having an upto date tracking setup i had to take the car to have the tracking setup myself. i did this today (4 wheel alignment) and found the tracking to be well out. it as now been correctly adjusted the the geometry shows no other reason for the car not driving straight
Welcome to the board ... sorry your having trouble.
You don't say if you had problems with the battery before the valet?
Batteries are by nature unpredictable, I would have it checked and if it's the original I would consider changing it. As you are probably aware, a battery that is on the blink can cause problems elsewhere within the system as it's all connected and finely balanced.
As to the vehicle veering off course that's a completely different problem. Again you don't say if the vehicle had this problem before you took it for valeting? If it isn't the tracking, perhaps the tyres need looking at and possibly replacing. Incidentally, I had a Bedford Caravanette many yours ago and I too had to change the tyres for this very reason.
The lack of engine power could be connected to the electrical problem ... I hope you soon fix it and feel happy with your vehicle again.
Currently in Gael33's garage:
2010 Renault Grand Scenic Privelege 1.5dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome