Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I love my Safrane(s) new ones drowning!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th February 2007 Thread Starter
Richard Dunn
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I love my Safrane(s) new ones drowning!

Hi to all,

yesterday we bought a 2.5 executive and love it. We bought a 2.0Vi back in 1998 and loved it so much we lived for 4 years without a heater. Well the engine mountings, door locks and heater are all now long gone, so we bought the 2.5.
Everything was okay today unril I noticed the passenger door lock does not work, so I tried to raid the old Safrane for parts. I failed !
So back to the new one. Moved all the umbrellas, de-icer et-al into in it and having finished I decided to take it to the car wash.
10 minutes latter I had a gleaming Safrane, but also running water into the passenger well and then the completely soaked air con (in the passenger 'luggage' area?) gave up the ghost.
4 years without a heater in the last one, forced me to buy this one> I would like to keep it, but I bought it from a trader yesterday so I think I can take it back.
Could it be fixed, the water ingress? The trim on the outside at the bottom of the windscreen is definatley not in the right place and is loose.
I think the aircon is just wet and may work when dried out.
The car was a good price at £995 with 106k miles, full leather, CD etc. Had a great day out in it, felt wonderful (the car and me), but then took it to the car wash.
It's a fairly massive leak, I need a car that can do rain at speed.
Fixable, keep it, how much to ask off car or return to the trader and get money back?

ps. the 2.0 did 130mph with 1k rpm left and still pulling.

The 2.5 seems quicker even though it is auto.

ps. I do

not many Renaults, but onboard from the British Hillclimb championship --v. fast.

What do I do?
Currently in Richard Dunn's garage:
Safrane 2.0 Vi Safrane 2.5 Executive

Last edited by Richard Dunn; 11th February 2007 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spleeing
  5 Lastest Threads by Richard Dunn
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
I love my Safrane(s) new ones drowning! Bodywork stuzefrenchwheels 31 4245 11th February 2007 04:41 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome