Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane III blocked scuttle drain?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 31st January 2014
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Megane III blocked scuttle drain?

Reading your post I decided to have a quick look around myself .
The front springs were lowered and I knew at the least the mechanic had to remove the tray to get at the strut bolts.
I wiggled the part of the tray mounting that goes up under the hinge and something popped off,so I had to remove the side black trim pieces to get at it.They would have to come out anyway.
I took off the other side too as it was no harm to clean under them,there was a lot of crud there.

In the pic you can see the 3 points of attachment of the trim pice the fourth ,in the middle is where the rear of the tray clips on to the hinge bolt.

Take off the bonnet sealing rubber and youll see the scuttle tray is in 2 pieces.
I cant swear to it but Im fairly sure the mechanic didnt have to take off the wipers to remove the lower part of the scuttle tray.
This is as far as I went as my drains arent blocked and keen as I am to help out ,I didnt want to "scuttle" my own..groan .
btw took the mechanic like 10 mins to get the lower tray out and the same to put back..thats if he did take it out fully.I do know the side pieces came off cos I saw them left aside even tho vehicle was up on a hoist.
Maybe..worth investigating if just removing the bonnet rubber seal and side pieces will allow you to "lift " the top piece of the scuttle to gain access even without taking the wipers off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0143_2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	36322  

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome