Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace Ph2 Horn Trouble

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12th February 2007
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by gary collier View Post
Cheers Donald,
Found the pesky horrn last night hidden in the front bumper in front of the battery. Pain to get the battery out to get to everything.

Suspect the relay for the horn is in the relay box near the battery but could be wrong?
Will ask renault today when I buy a horn relay (if I buy from them).

The car will be going in to the garage tomorrow or Wed AM to get the steering gaters replaced. Getting the track rod end off proved to be impossible.

Hopefully the car will be MoT'd by Fri....
Iam not sure in your car but in mine there are relys in the fuse box and in the engine area are you sure the horn has got a rely its mostly fuses they use for horns may be wrong??

Normaly for track rod ends you need a good soaking with wd40 then holding the back part of the rod and then turning the front bit that you are replaicing with force it should move and then start to turn. Its may be well seized some times you might need a bit of heat to help split it but if your not experanced that way i would leave it to the garage good luck all the best
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.

Last edited by Donald; 12th February 2007 at 08:31 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome