Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna I - Phase 2 - Bodywork - Bonnet opening problems !

View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 1st February 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna I - Phase 2 - Bodywork - Bonnet opening problems !

Originally Posted by Dancingdad View Post
Excellent. Lot better then cutting holes.

Free em off and grease everything but it's still going to be heart in mouth time when you close the bonnet again
Learnt a lot this week! Think part of the problem was that the latches were packed with grease, I went well OTT and the downside it collected all sorts grit and stuff that restricted its movement, so out with old tooth brush and repeated soaking in a container of petrol to de-solve everything after a couple of hours it was sparkling and when it dried off I hit it with loads of WD40, now I thought the cable had stretched but a slight pull now has the catches popping open so easy. When the time came to close the bonnet I cut a length of plastic string, like the stuff farmers use on their bailing machines and tied it to the nearside catch pull (plastic bit where both cables join) then ran it across and down the hole next to the one for the headlight adjustment and drop it down through the plastic under cover, the bit sort of triangular shaped and tie it off on one of its slots, then give it a pull to check it operates ok before you drop the bonnet for the first time, I have left mine on if I ever has a cable or catch go titsup.
Currently in BSBfan's garage:
Laguna 1.8 sport, W reg 2000
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome