Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Car Seats - questions

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 20th November 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I had part leather in my last Laguna, and I reckon it's the worst of both worlds. You still have the cloth segments that pick up dirt, chocolate stains, baby puke (if applicable) etc. but also have to live with the leather being sticky in hot weather and uncomfortably cold on any bare skin that manages to come into contact with it in cold weather.

At 80K miles and almost 3.5 years old, the leather on the driver's seat was starting to look a little tired, though it certainly wasn't shabby and would probably have been in as new condition with a little TLC. It still had its colour and shape and the surface was unblemished, but it had started to crease more readily than the hide on the other seats.

The other problem with the light part-leather in the Laguna was that it included velour trim up to the window line on the interior door panels. I don't know if this is true of the Espace, but if so, it tends to wear a patch if you rest your elbow on the top of the panel while driving. The full leather model has leather trim up to the window, so shouldn't suffer from the same problem.

The light carpet that goes with it is also prone to staining, though it's only a real problem if you happen to have a can of Coke puncture in the back of the car and spray everywhere, and you don't find out about it until several days later.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome