Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #399 of (permalink) Old 12th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by j_bo82 View Post
hi guys, i drive a 2001 clio dynamique and last night suffered the bonnet smashing up into the window while driving on the motorway!! at first i thought it was my fault but the bonnet hadn't been opened for a good couple weeks so don't see how it can. I'm gonna have to claim on my insurance for a windscreen now (luckily it doesnt affect my NCD) but will have to fork out for a new bonnet and to get the dents out of my roof! is there anytthing i can actually do here regarding renault or in reality am i going to have to just bite the bullet and deal with it??? I'm so annoyed its lucky the roads were quiet!!
You should write to Renault Customer Services and inform them of the incident. You should ask them if they are prepared to fix your car, free of charge, since they know this to be a recurring problem but failed to warn you.

You should also write to VOSA/VSB and ask them if it is acceptable that your life should be put in danger by the obstinacy of this French Mogul whose only apparent interest is to save itself the cost of a general recall. Tell them you are aware that they stand to lose or gain an eight-figure sum.

Tell them that failure to give you an acceptable reply will result in you taking the matter to your Member of Parliament and to the Home Office.

Renault... Createur d'Automobile avec les capots que s'ouvrent pendant q'ils roulent!!! BANG!!!
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome