Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #402 of (permalink) Old 12th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by j_bo82 View Post
hi vass, thanks for the reply . sorry to sound daft but who is the vosa/vsb and how can i get their contact details. Also, the link to the renault customer service doesn't give the address, it says the page has moved or is invalid.

Has anyone else had any luck in getting renault to fork out for the cost of the work that you know of? The upsetting thing for me is that i have bought this car for my girlfriend for when she passes her test, which is in a week. can you imagine if this had happened to her so soon after passing her test. She's be scarred for life, i imagine an incident like this to a new driver could be fatal.
Hello mate! I strongly advise you to read as much of this and similar threads as you can. I know there is a lot to read but if you do, you will realise what a big issue this has become. Have you written to BBC Watchdog yet? Please do if you haven't because they want to know how many people this has happened to and the media pen is the strongest of all.

VOSA/VSB is a DVLA type government agency. The Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) provides a range of licensing, testing and enforcement services with the aim of improving the roadworthiness standards of vehicles ensuring the compliance of operators and drivers, and supporting the independent Traffic Commissioners.
VSB is its Vehicle Safety Branch.
Unfortunately, this watchdog has no (or very weak) teeth and seem to only bite when the flesh is soft and weak (man-in-the-street TYPE) and not when the skin is tough (like Renault's).

Write to them at and we will all be interested to hear what he says to you.

To contact RCS write to . Yes they have been known to help out "purely as a goodwill gesture" or to "promote brand loyalty". They fixed Brigatti's car but said they did so because he was buying two new cars from them, not because he was likely to become a thorn in their side. Keep us informed please as a few of us are monitoring developments.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome