Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #404 of (permalink) Old 12th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by j_bo82 View Post
thanks vass, i will email them both today. I have got the rac coming out wednesday to fix the window so i'll make sure i get some photo's just in case they are needed. i have a couple of small dents on the roof between the sunroof and window, do u have any idea what i'll be looking to get them taken out and the bonnet replaced? I've seen a brand new bonnet on euro car parts for £87 but it would need spraying and fitting obviously.
Can you please take some photos that you can post here? Close-ups please of the latch and the safety catch as they are now.

I don't know about prices but to repair the roof is not cheap. The paintwork alone will cost quite a wedge so even if the bonnet can be bought for £87, that won't be the end of your costs, as you rightly say. Some people have said that their costs came to over a grand, so be prepared good buddy.

Postscript: You can also try salvage sites for one in the right colour... who knows?
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS

Last edited by vass20; 12th February 2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: p.s added
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome