Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #408 of (permalink) Old 12th February 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Sorry to hear about your accident, you are one of many (Watchdog latest figures suggest over 400). I think the cost of repairs to my car came to over £1500 so if you can get it cheaper than that go for it. Think my car was a lot worse off than yours though from the photos you have posted.

As others have said contact VOSA (they are not much use but worth logging a complaint), Watchdog (have a look at their website, you can call them on 020 8535 1000), report the incident to your local Trading Standards and ask them to refer the info to Renaults home authority Trading Standards service and contact Clioalert at [/email] giving details of your incident.

Had you just bought the car recently (within the last six months)? If you had Trading Standards may be able to help you get redress from who ever you bought the car from. Would be interested to hear if it was a Renault dealer as they should all be maintaining the catch now.

Keep us up dated, I would get onto Renault customer services before you have anything done to the car.
Currently in Meesh's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Billabong

Last edited by Meesh; 12th February 2007 at 01:40 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome