Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio speedo problem info

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Lightbulb Clio speedo problem info

Dear all,

looking at the site there seem to be quite a few people complaining about speedo related problems so i thought i'd post my problem, the diagnosis from renault and the cost here in the hope that it'll help some of you out.

Initially, the speedo started cutting out towards the end of long journeys. Last week it wouldn't work at all some days, other days it would work in the morning and have died by the time i drove home from work. (In addition, when the speedo was k.o'd the mileage wasn't clocking up). Since this is a) a pain in the ar5e around speed cameras and b) probably not legal, i put it into the local renault garage for a diagnostic.

Diagnosis from renault:
One, possibly both (?), of the speed sensors is faulty. On my S-reg, 98-01 clio (which has ABS) i understand that these are mounted on one of the front and one of the rear wheels.

Around 140 quid plus another 30-40 for the initial diagnostic. I am sure this can be done for loads cheaper but this is because I didnt want to be messed around and went to a main dealer. If you can get hold of the sensors i understand they are relatively easy to fit, but you have to be fairly precise in mounting them.

Hope this is helpful to a few of you,

Currently in Guy_5's garage:
56 Clio 1.4 Dynamique

Last edited by Guy_5; 13th February 2007 at 04:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Guy_5 For This Useful Post:
sc416 (26th August 2011)
  5 Lastest Threads by Guy_5
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Temp Gauge Problem Cars & motoring yozzer 3 1031 14th September 2007 12:44 PM
Clio speedo problem info Electronics chris m 1 1026 13th February 2007 04:49 PM
Hi Welcome to RenaultForums chris m 6 943 2nd February 2007 04:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome