Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #78 of (permalink) Old 21st November 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I'm starting to wish I'd never bought my LagunaII, always seems to have a fault and expensive to repair and I don’t have a dealer in my town with a diagnostic machine. Two Renault garages but I have to travel 20 miles to identify problems.

I’ve always had a slow puncture on my rear passenger side and recently replaced the tyre, this did nothing. Now it doesn’t matter if the pressure is correct, the wheel flashes away. I therefore thought maybe the senor was broken so bought the replacement and took it to a tyre place as advised by the Renault garage (shocked, they don’t do tyres). According to both garages, once the sensor has been changed it should reset itself within a couple of days. No such luck. In fact the tyre is doing exactly the same thing so I’ve probably just replaced a working sensor.

The rear drivers side has recently been affected by the cold and flashes for a few minutes until you get down the road. Now its started to flashes continually and occasionally disappears altogether.

Never buying a French car again and when I buy a new vehicle, I will check with the local garage what they actually can do.
Currently in rsmith77's garage:
2001 Laguna II 1.6 & 2003 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome