Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Modus headlight bulb replacement

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 14th February 2007 Thread Starter
Ian Murray
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cost of bulb replacement

The price you have been quoted is a bit heavy , when the mechanic replaced my one ( nearside ) he only dropped the bumper at that side enough to get at the lamp unit . As said I was waiting and it was the first time they had done it but was still less than an hours work . After the event I studied the bumper assembly and any competant mechanic agent or not should be able to do it fairly quickly . The price you have been quoted for a bulb is too much , it is just an ordinary bulb . I have studied the German photographs and they are a bit complicated . The next time this happens I will approach my normal garage ( non agency ) and see how they get on . If you know of any competant mechanic who could do a job on the side it may well save you a lot of money . As far as I know Haynes have not yet published a Modus manual , when they do no doubt this problem will be mentioned . I am going to write to Renault UK about this and ens close a copy of the invoice , probablya waste of time ! .
Currently in Ian Murray's garage:
Modus diesel
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome