Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Emac - who are they?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 14th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Eddthehammer View Post
Hi All

Having purchased my Modus in December I was asked by the dealer if I was interested in paying a monthly fee that pays for the cars service, when it becomes due. It saves on paying out the full whack and I don't really notice the amount each month...I'm paying around 30 quid per month.

My question is...who are the company that I'm paying??? I've received nothing from them or Renault to say that I'm participating in their scheme and when I've searched for Emac on the net, I can only find their registered office but no contact details.

Is anyone else paying into this or heard anything about Emac?

Many thanks

Is that just for servicing or does it include repairs when outside warranty?

Surely it doesn't cost £360 a year to service a small car like the Modus, does it? How many miles a year do you travel in it? If this is 6k- per year car, the service will be due when it is 2 yrs old (or has covered 18k miles) so it will have cost you £720 by the time it needs servicing.... a bit much, don't you think?

I think this might be one of those assurances that channel most of your money into "Commissions Payable", just like the ones you can buy for electronic/electrical gadgets.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS

Last edited by vass20; 14th February 2007 at 02:37 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome