Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New user looking for buying advice

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 4th February 2014
Diamond member
Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: New user looking for buying advice

hi simon.

maybe more people can tell you info on the laguna. I actually loved the old model.

but I can share this due to a guy I know owning one about 2 year ago. he had a neon and it was a bit greedy on fuel so he went for a laguna. he only lived about 4 miles from his work and he thought he could save a fortune with it. it turns out that after 2 or 3 weeks he had to take it back because it went into limp mode . they replaced 2 injectors and told him to give it a good run, 2 weeks later he had another 1 fail . and less than a week later 1 of the new ones failed. they told him because he does short journeys and he don't give it a good kick they where breaking down. so he used his car a bit harder to work. which got him a speeding ticket for doing 35 in a 30mph zone and on the way home another injector failed. he had the car less than 2 months has the car dealer told him they aint paying for anymore injectors. the car was a 2.0 turbo diesel that's all I know.

I am not saying they are bad cars .. just letting you know his problems.
Currently in Impact's garage:
megane coupe 1.4 16 valve./ 2005 hyundia coupe 1.6 16 valve.
The Following User Says Thank You to Impact For This Useful Post:
simon1argyle (4th February 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome