Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Faulty Laguna Alternator

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 14th February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
All now tickety boo with the car albeit 500 quid worse off! Hindsight is a wonderful thing however thinking back there may have been some indication that there was some sort of problem with charging circuit.

For some time the red battery light and stop light would flash intermittently but very infequently, some times weeks between it happening. Even when it flashed it only caught my eye at night. At the time I put it down to typical Renault electrics. Moments prior to the car giving up the ghost altogether these same lights were flashing frantically!

As I tried to reverse into a parking bay the car chucked it altogether and that's where my costs started.

There's still a train of thought that you don't need electrics for a diesel engine to keep running. Seems to me that in these modern times with electronically controlled injectors and pumps even a diesel engine won't run for to long.

Here endeth the story for me. The main reason for starting this thread was to determine if the alternator was yet another weak point on the Laguna. Seems like it's an isolated incident or at least not as commom as axle bushes or turbo failure.
Currently in fin's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome