Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Modus headlight bulb replacement

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 15th February 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Donald, well I wish I was closer to Scotland as I'd take you up on your offer. I am in the midlands unfortunately! And no I dont know how to do it myself altough I had no probs changing bulbs on my old car.

I went to another renault dealer today and they quoted 65 pounds + vat for the labour exc bulb!
Even more than the first dealer.

Yes Ian its imposible to reach round the back of the headlamp assembly. THe front end of the car seems to be built around the headlamp.

I was also quoted 50 pounds for a set of 2 wipers! my old cars ones were a tenna a set.

Cripes. I am new to renault and its a bit of a shock this is. I really like the rest of the car tho! 62mpg average, scenic visibility, looks a bit different and bit more stylish than a normal box on wheels MPV (meriva etc), very solid, comfortable. Ok the stereo is naff but you cant have everything!

Cheers for your responses/help by the way! I am sure I'll find a way round this headlamp farce.
Currently in mr_bigglesworth's garage:
Modus 1.5dci 2004

Last edited by mr_bigglesworth; 15th February 2007 at 03:19 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome