I have a 2006 Kangoo 1.5DCi van which has failed to start for me for the past week.
What I have observed:
1. Immobiliser light flashes correctly without key.
2. Immobiliser light steady red with key inserted at position 2
3. With key at position 2, no glow plug/engine light
4. Cranks, but doesn't fire.
5. OBD unit will not connect to
6. Glow plugs operate correctly, with correct voltages
7. Fuel flows without air bubbles.
What I have tried:
1. Replace Glow Plug Relay/Control Module with brand new dealer part.
2. Replace main engine relay with brand new dealer part.
3. Replaced the glow plugs with 4 x brand new Beru
None of these has fixed the issue.
Intermittantly, the glow plug light will come on the dashboard (maybe once per day if I'm lucky) When it does start it sounds sweet, just as it should, but when power applied (as in trying to move off), the engine stalls, no glow light, and refuses to restart.
My experience with fixing cars is somewhere below the 'Virgin' level, so 'Monkey See, Monkey Do' replies please, any advice welcomed!
Lastly - Thank You in advance!