Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Drain Hole Abyss!!!!

View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 16th February 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
I would just be careful if shooting air down the holes as you may unintentionally blow the pipe away from it's connection making any leak worse. You can always, however, check that the pipes are still connected afterwards by removing the internal trim arround the sunroof and pulling the roof lining down (carefully). I warn you that the velcrow that holds the roof lining in place is mighty strong or was in my case.

I found, as mentioned earlier in this thread, that a length of curtain wire is very capable of clearing any blockages in the drainhole pipes. You can always check that they are clear just by pouring water down them and seeing if it appears at the wheel arches, if it does then they are probably not blocked at all, as in my case.

Unfortunately I cannot help you with a 'top ten' of Lag leaks as I am relatively new to Renault also.

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome