Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #121 of (permalink) Old 16th February 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
just returned from the local dealer in a bit of a shock!!

one of my front tyres has been slowly losing air for a while but in the last couple of days in started going down within a couple of miles

when filling it up i noticed the air was escaping from around the valve (between the valve stem and the wheel)......bugger it must be the wheel corrosion fault i thought.....

so off i go the dealer this morning with a quote of 96 to have the valve replaced.......

monkcanic takes the car away and appears back in two minutes... "which wheel is it? all showing up ok on the computer" so i explained again what the fault was, he looked a bit upset cos his computer didnt tell him it was a physical fault!

two minutes later he's back again.... "did you realise the valve was loose?"

and they didnt even charge anything, even though he had taken the tyre off before he realised the valve was just loose....

so there we are........... check the valve itself does'nt just need a tighten before you go the garage because your local dealer might not be quite as honest as mine
Currently in corman's garage:
2001 Laguna II 1.9dCi Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome