Join Date: Aug 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Renault Scenic - Fitting Reverse Sensors
I expected this to be a straightforward task and so it was until I tried to connect it into the reverse light circuit.
1. How do you operate the reverse lights with the ignition system when you appear to require the engine running? Did a visual follow up and found the appropriate wire (White)
2. Connected the White wire ?power to lamps - the Black wire to the Black ?Com Earth on the light unit. Tested and operated OK.
3. Later whilst out noticed not working.
4. On return all wiring appeared intact, but wonder whether it is anything to do with Multiplexed wiring so to be on safe side disconnected and preparing to install a relay.
5. Trying to find a 'clean power source' Boot light contains power on both wires.
A simple job has become a pain - is this an example of the joys of multiplex wiring?
Currently in Mickdoc's garage:
2006 Renault Scenic 1.5dCi privilege
Last edited by Mickdoc; 16th February 2007 at 08:34 PM.
Reason: Missed identifying vehicle clearly.